Hoverboard riding is one of the most exciting and thrilling sports. However, it could be dangerous if you do not know how to properly ride a hoverboard. Therefore, to save you from any harm and to make sure you enjoy a safe and thrilling ride, we have decided to help you with choosing the best hoverboards for beginners. So this blog is for all the beginners out there. Do not be disappointed, we can help you be part of the exciting hoverboards rider group.
The key to a safe ride is to learn to control the hoverboard. Once you learn how to control it, you will be an expert within minutes. Now controlling the hoverboard is not difficult because it operates at your will. You just need to be able to control your nerves while riding and you will be having fun without any problem. Keep in mind that you need to tilt forward and backward to make it move in that direction. Just a small tilt will do the trick, hence you can avoid falling off the hoverboard.
Reviews: Best Hoverboard for Beginners in 2019
So buck up everyone, we have come with top five best hoverboards for beginners. We chose the top five to give a range of hoverboards so that you can pick the most suitable one. Remember! All the hoverboards are more or less the same, except for a feature or two, so you don’t need to worry about a lot of variations in the top five best hoverboards for beginners that we have selected for you. All of them will be great for you.
Here are the top five best hoverboards for beginners:
1. Hoverboard Two-Wheel Self-balancing Scooter in 2019:
The first one in our list of best hoverboards for beginners is going to amaze you. Hoverboard Two Wheel Self-balancing Scooter is made by a US based company. It is one of the fastest and safest hoverboards for beginners. It comes in lovely colors and you can pick the one you like. The hoverboard is suitable for both kids and adults. The best thing about the hoverboard is that it costs only $158.
Features of the Hoverboard Two-Wheel Self-balancing Scooter in 2019:
The Hoverboard Two-Wheel Self-balancing Scooter has some very exciting features. The dimensions of the hoverboard speak for themselves. It is 23 inches wide, 6.75 inches deep, and 7.25 inches high. The hoverboard comes with a charger and a manual. The net weight of the hoverboard is 12.5 kg which makes it very easy to carry it around. It is also UL2272 certified, hence, it is completely safe.
The machine is supported by dual 200W motors. The batteries take around 2 to 3 hours to completely charge. Once they are fully charged, the batteries work for a good 2 hours. This hoverboard supports a total weight of 220 lbs. The hoverboard also has a built-in Bluetooth speaker and LED, including the LED light on the front. It can be connected to any device while riding the board to enjoy music. It goes up to a maximum speed of 10mph.
- It is very light, hence carrying it with you will not be a problem. The hoverboard is made for both adults and kids. Therefore, adult beginners will find it as useful as young. It gets a good speed and has a relatively weaker motor so that beginners do not have any problem in controlling it. The LED light renders it really attractive and desirable.
- If you leave it on charge for too long, the body starts to smell. The body is a little fragile for rough terrain and heavy load.
2. New High Tech Wheel Hoverboard Electric Smart Scooter:
Here is one of the most amazing of best hoverboards for beginners. It is made by New High Tech Company, which is based in Texas, the United States. New High Tech Hoverboard Electric Smart Scooter is a standard hoverboard model which comes with an aerodynamic design. This is why this hoverboard is part of our top five best hoverboards for beginners. The net weight of this hoverboard is 25.8 lbs. However, it has very exciting features. This hoverboard comes at a retail price of $143. It comes in different attractive colors.
Features of NHT Wheel Hoverboard Electric Smart Scooter:
New High Tech hoverboard Electric Smart Scooter if full of exciting features. The most thrilling aspect of it is that comes with a 12-month warranty. Therefore, you do not need to worry about losing it for an entire year. The machines are also UL2272 certified. This means it has anti-fire protection. The hoverboard is supported by dual 350W motors. They give it a good speed. The tire size of the hoverboard is 6.5 inches and they are vacuum tires. It supports a net weight of 220lbs.
The battery takes about 2-3 hours to completely charge and works for 2 hours. However, since the hoverboard is comparatively heavier, the battery life may reduce in rough terrain. It also has a built-in Bluetooth speaker and LED lights in the front and rear. You can connect your phone, laptop, or any device to your hoverboard and enjoy the music while riding. Additionally, the hoverboard comes in nice and attracted colors and design.
New High Tech Hoverboard Electric Smart scooter can go up to a maximum speed of 7mph and can cover a radius of 13mph. It comes with a Charger and a manual.
- Since the hoverboard is UL2272 certified, it has protection against fire. This also means that the hoverboard has passed all safety tests. This makes it a very reliable product as beginners may have more problems with low or high speed.
- Talking about the speed, the hoverboard is medium fast. For a beginner, a very fast hoverboard may prove to be difficult to handle. Medium speed ensures more control.
- Since this hoverboard is heavier than most, it maintains balance. The rider can go up to maximum speed and would not have any problem with controlling the balance.
- Due to its weight, the hoverboard may have a smaller battery life in rough terrain.
- The front LED lights may dislodge with continuous use on the rough surface.
3. EPCTEK Hoverboard Self-balancing Scooter:
We present to you the third hoverboard of our top five best hoverboards for beginners. This may come third in line but it has amazing features and stands on the same grounds with others. It is made by Chinese EPCTEK Company, which is one of the best manufacturers of hoverboards in the world. Net weight of the hoverboard is 22lbs. it is made of Magnesium and Aluminum alloys and gives a firm board to your feet. The hoverboard may cost comparatively more, however, it offers great features and a sturdy build. It comes at the retail price of $180.
Features of EPCTEK Hoverboard Self-balancing Scooter:
Since we think safety comes first and foremost, let us tell you that EPCTEK Hoverboard Self-balancing Scooter is UL2272 certified. It means, it has passed all the tests and is reliable. Additionally, it is certified from CE, ROHS, and REACH, which makes it a complete quality product. It has UL2271 certified batteries. The batteries take 2 to 3 hours to completely charge up, and they work for a good 3 hours after fully charged.
This hoverboard is IPX4 certified for water resistance. The machine supported by dual 300W motors. It can go up to a maximum speed of 6mph with a mileage of 12.5 miles. It has a 20-25 degree gradient which makes it suitable for different terrains. The hoverboard has a non-skid footpad, which helps you have a firm standing throughout your riding experience. The hoverboard supports the net weight of 264lbs. This is great because the increased weight endurance makes this hoverboard perfect for both adults and kids.
The hoverboard comes with built-in Bluetooth speakers and front and rear LED lights. You can connect it to any of your devices and can enjoy music or anything you want while riding. The LED lights also are battery reminder of the hoverboard. Additionally, the 6.5 inches road-holding tires make it an easy ride. The hoverboard also has protection against overcharging. It also comes with a 12-month warranty.
- This hoverboard has received great reviews from the user with regard to its battery life and the firm balance it gives.
- The hoverboard is heavy, which again makes the ride easier to balance.
- It is certified worldwide, which practically makes it the safest hoverboard for beginners. Therefore, it is included in the list of best hoverboards for beginners.
- Despite its great features, this hoverboard was designed for beginners. That is why it does not go to a very good speed for people who learn to control hoverboards after some time.
4. Hoverheart Two Wheel Self-balancing Electric Scooter:
Hoverheart Two Wheel Self-balancing Electric Scooter is a gift to all beginners who want to learn hoverboard riding as fast as possible. This is a very easy hoverboard to operate and gives nice results. It is designed by a US-based Chinese Company. Another important reason for including it in the list of top five best hoverboards for beginners is that this product practically costs nothing compared to its features. It comes at a retail price of $138. It is like a complete package.
Features of Hoverheart Two Wheel Self-balancing Electric Scooter:
First thing first, it is UL2272 certified. You can be sure of your security while you are on the hoverboard. The batteries can take about 3 hours to charge and consumption depends on the terrain and weight of the rider. It is supported by dual 200W motors. You can hit a speed of 6mph to 8mph, again depending on the weight of the rider. The hoverboard has a mileage of 14km. The mudguards are made of plastic, hence making them very light.
This hoverboard comes in different colors and is made of anti-fire plastic, which makes if very reliable. It supports a net weight of 220lbs. Moreover, it has built-in Bluetooth speakers and desirable font LED lights. It also has dual flash wheel LED lights. The Bluetooth automatically connects with your device and you can enjoy whatever you want while riding. It comes with a charger and a help manual. The tire size is 6.5 inches made of ground holding material, which gives it a sturdy balance.
- This hoverboard has a medium speed limit, which makes it ideal for beginners.
- It has passed all the safety tests and we know it is safe. Additionally, it is made of an anti-fire material, which ensures the safety of the rider.
- The hoverboard comes at a very reasonable price.
- The batteries are not very great and can run out of charge very quickly in rough terrain or if more weight is put on the hoverboard.
- The motors of the hoverboard are not very powerful.
5. Go Bowen 2018 Two Wheel Self-balancing Scooter:
Here comes our final scooter of the best hoverboards for beginners. Go Bowen is a US-based company, one of the best hoverboard manufacturers. Go Bowen 2018 Two Wheel Self-balancing Scooter has been designed primarily for kids who want to learn to ride. However, adults can also ride it as long as their weight does not exceed the weight limit too much. The product weighs about 20lbs and comes at a retail price of $199.
Features of Go Bowen 2018 Two Wheel Self-balancing Scooter:
The hoverboard is UL2272 certified. This rules out any possibility of combustion and eliminates all threats to your safety. It comes with a charger and a user manual. The body is made of an anti-fire material to keep it from heating up in case of overcharging. It supports a net weight of 180lbs. However, on a smooth terrain, riders weighing 200lbs can ride it too. This hoverboard is waterproof as well. It has built-in 36V, 4.4mah Lithium-Ion battery. The battery takes 2-3 hours to completely charge up.
The hoverboard is supported by a 350W hub motor. It can go up to a maximum speed of 12 mph. The size of the wheel is 8.5 inches made of rubber material, which gives it more stability compared to other hoverboards which usually come with a tire size of 6.5 inches. It has a built-in Bluetooth speaker and front LED lights. The hoverboard comes with a 60 days warranty as per the policy of Go Bowen.
- The hoverboard is lightweight. It is a good option for kids.
- Bigger tires give it more firm hold on the ground and make it easier to balance.
- The battery life is too short, especially if you ride it on a rough terrain.
- The price of the hoverboard is more than its benefits.
Here you go:
We have given you our detailed review of best hoverboards for beginners. There is no need to worry about having to do research or having to choose from a wide range of hoverboards. We have done that for you. We have narrowed down the choice and made it easier for you to grab a hoverboard and swoop in.